Android Development is one of the most exciting new professions nowadays. Android development has changed the way you browse the internet, check for social media updates, and even play online games. It has endless potential. Android applications have the power to move people all around the world and leave a lasting impression. Understand how to work as a freelance android developer. Think of Halfbrick Studios’ Fruit Ninja.
It’s one of the most well-known Android games out there. Others have received appreciation for their work in a similar manner. However, while game development may not take up all of an Android developer’s time, it can nonetheless play a substantial role. Take, for example, Halfbrick Studios’ Fruit Ninja. It’s one of the most well-known android games out there. Others have received accolades along the same lines. However, while game development may not take up all of an Android developer’s time, it can nonetheless play a substantial role. You should think about freelancing for a variety of reasons.
Android development, as a legitimate and comfortable career option, is one that can bring you money and credibility; it ultimately leads to what most people desire, a financially stable life.
New and improved software is developed by Android developers using a variety of methods. Apart from development, re-engineering and upgrading, an Android developer is also responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Consulting the Technical Support team to identify bugs and other issues with the product
- Coordination of product releases and issue fixes with the QA team
- Coordinating with product help system developers and writers
- Constructing and improving the application from the ground up
- Real-world application conceptualization and prediction of outcomes
You can become a reasonably well-known and high-end Android app developer in a number of ways. If you want to work in application development and make a good livelihood, you should master a few tricks of the trade and stay current with industry trends. You can do this in a variety of ways, such as:
- Learn how to offer your app the tools it needs to be a success in today’s highly competitive App Store.
- Utilize tried-and-true marketing tactics to promote and grow the number of downloads for your mobile app.
- Develop Android apps using the PhoneGap HTML5 framework.
However, be aware that the traditional workforce is being transformed into a freelance one. An estimated 35% of the US workforce is self-employed. As businesses adopt new technology, the need for programmers and developers rises. However, the supply is tightening.
How to bill for freelance android programming work?
In freelancing, knowing how to properly charge your client for a work done is extremely important. There are several ways in which you can bill your client for the work you have done.
Due to the flexibility of freelancing, freelance android developers often earn more than in-house android developers since they do not receive the same benefits as employees, such as health insurance and vacation pay. In addition, the employment security of freelancers is significantly worse. Most times they are constantly switching between contracts. Higher prices make up for customers’ unwillingness to commit long-term.
There are a few things that influence whether a freelance android developer charges more than per hour or not:
- Project Duration: The duration of a project heavily impacts the prices that freelance android developers charge. If the project i going to cos you a long while to finish up, it is only wise for you to offer a charge fee that commensurates with the effort you’ve put in during those long hour of working on the project
- Old or New Client: If the client you offer a job is a new one, you should be careful with your charge rate. In order not to charge ridiculously low or high, it is extremely important for you to ask your client for his or her budget. THis would help you with how you’re going to approach pricing.
- Pet Projects: pet projects also play a major role in the charge per hour of freelance android developers. Most freelance android developers tend to charge a lower fee than normal for pet projects.
- Level of commitment required: The level of commitment of the work you’re going to put in as an android developer should be taken into consideration while charging your client on an hourly rate.
If you’re approached by a company to serve as an android developer remotely, it is important for you to do research on the average salary of freelance android developers in the country where they are based and then charge them accordingly.
How to invoice for android freelance developer work?
As a freelance android developer, knowing how to write codes and eating superb applications is not enough. Knowing how to properly write an invoice is also part of your job. Preparing an invoice serves a breakdown of the service you rendered, the client information, charge rate and also means of payment. Writing an invoice as a freelance developer is rety simple. While preparing an invoice for the services you rendered to a client, here are some things you need to include:
- Personal information: In this place, you are meant to include your name and the type of work you do. Below is a sample
P.O. Box 12345
Anywhere, US 12345
- Client’ informations: There are a whole bunch of software and tools that can help you prepare an invoice in a matter of minutes. If you don’t have such tools and you’re looking for a template, here is the link below.
- Payment mode: You need to specify the method through which you want your already rendered services to be paid for. PAyment can be through Paypal, bank transfers etc.
- Services Rendered: Here you state the services you have rendered for the client, in this case ‘’freelance android developers’’.
- A Unique voice number
Each invoice you send out needs to be identified by a specific invoice number. A number should only be used one time. If you’re not sure where to begin, just use 1 as your first invoice. The invoice number should also be free of any blanks or omissions.
Use the date, such as the year and month the invoice was created, to generate more unique invoice numbers that cannot be replicated.
After sending your client the invoice, you should be assured the client would respond to it promptly ( that is if he’s not a scammer.)
FAQ FOUR( 500 WORDS)
How much to bill for freelance android programmer work?
The question of how much to charge for a project still remains even if changing to project-based pricing looks advantageous. Many new freelance programmers fail miserably at this step because it’s so difficult. Many freelance programmers base their project-based rates on a few erroneous factors. You are letting someone into your life when you take on a new customer. For the next few months, if not years, you’ll be working with and aiding these people. As a result, how much you enjoy working with a certain client is critical.
It’s possible that a corporate client will come along with a significant budget for a project that doesn’t seem particularly creatively engaging to you.
Let’s look at the value you’re delivering to your client with your work.
Let’s pretend for a moment that your customer is a hotel. They need a website that makes it simple for customers to book a room online quickly.
Now it’s time to dig a little deeper and determine the hotel’s business objectives. What are their motivations for requesting this action be taken? Is it just a case of trying to “keep up with the times”? Does the company’s revenue need to be boosted because sales are declining? They’re rebranding, or are they trying to improve the customer experience on their current website?
Find the answer to this and move forward from there.
In the end, it comes down to what the website has to do, who is doing it, and who you are.
If the client just wants a basic company website, you should charge around $500-$700. A marriage or dating site, for example, would cost between $1500 and $2000 if specific requirements were met. The price is largely determined by how much time a developer is required to devote to the project. If somebody gives me a requirement, you should try to figure out how long it would take you to build it and then you give your client a quote.
Continuous professional development should be a part of your life, just like it is for any other competent worker today. Since the introduction of the internet, remote working and learning opportunities have grown in popularity. To keep up with the times, whether it’s learning UX design or staying one step ahead of the competition by learning voice design, your ability to maintain and increase your market value depends, at least in part, on your ability to constantly deepen your knowledge and improve your abilities. Upgrading and adding your skillset, would help you in billing your client as a freelancer at a high price.
Freelance android programmers charge very high and make a lot of money, you should consider becoming a freelance programmer today.